Jiao Hill lies in the Yangtze River, 4.5 kilometers (about 2.8 miles) to the northeast of Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province affordable China tours. It is 71 meters (about 233 feet) above the sea level and covers an area of 38 hectares (about 94 acres). As one of the famous "three hills" of Jingkou District, Jiao Hill is distinguished by its abundant steles and stone inscriptions, so named the "Hill of Calligraphy."
The temples and pavilions of Jiao Hill complement one another to create a scene that gives the impression that the temples and pavilions are actually being wrapped by the hill.it was a solitary mount on the Yangtze river ,Floating majestically on the river center,it'sshapes are manifold,in sunshine and in rain ,In terms of wondrous beauty,it is unrivalled
According to chronicles the hill stands 190 chi(63.3metres)high and it's width is 620 steps ,although JinShan,jiaoshan and beigu have historically been referred to as "the Three hills in jinkou(nowzhenjiang),jinshan however, has always been known as the crown of zhengjinang's fainous scenery
Reccords vary as to when the Jinshan Temple top 10 China tours originated One record says that it was built in early eastern Jin Dynasty.Yuan Dynasty scholar Yuji wrote in his Wangshaouge ji(journals of Longetivity chamber):" In the hill there is a Buddhist temple of the JinDynasty ,built in the time of Emperor Ming ." Scholar Zhao Mengfu,However,wrote that the temple was constructed in the time of Emperor Yuan.
Another record says that the temple was built in the Liang Dynasty,for eminent Liang monks said that in the fouith year of the Tianjian period Liang Emperor Wu arrived at Zexin Si(River Center temple) and inaugurated the water ,Land and air dharma Assembly In his chronicles,Jinshan's monk yuanji wrote that the Assembly was organized in the Tianjian period of the Liang Dynasty,as an imperialedict ordered the holding of such a congregation , which fuither brought fame to Jinshan
But there were also sayings that the Temple was built in the Tang dynasty ,The Xhan Fu Tu Sutra mentions :"The Temple started construction in the time of the Tapas Master Beitoutuo of the Tang ,Dynasty "The book XinHai Zhilue Registers, The Venerable Master lingtan was the grandson of Dajian and also an descendant of E mpress Wu zetian A man of supernatrual ablitym he went to live in the S erpent Cave on the peak of the Hill top 10 China tours,where he achieved superior meditation ,Later he tamed the serpent ,Which subsequently went out to the sea ,And this was the beginning of the opening up of Hill by the Chan clan .
Jiao Hill is located in the middle of the Yangtze River, 4.5 kilometers northeast of Zhenjiang. It was originally named "Qiao Hill". A hermit named Jiaoguang in the East Han Dynasty (25-220 AD) once lived here, which is how the hill got its name now. It is also known as "Fuyu Hill" (which means Floating Jade Hill in Chinese) as it is covered with greeneries which make it look like a piece of floating jade on the river. Seventy-one meters above the sea level, the hill covers an area of thirty-eight hectares. There are many temples on this hill. Dinghui Temple, first built in the Eastern Han Dynasty (194-195 AD), is the largest and the oldest one of them. It is also among the oldest temples in China. It was originally named Puji Temple and Jiaoshan Temple in the Yuan Dynasty (1279-1368 AD). It was constructed around 210 AD. It has 98 halls, 3000 monks and 18 additional temples beside it during the Ming Dynasty (1368 ¨C 1644 AD) when it reached its golden ages. A pair of stone lion dated from the Ming Dynasty (1368 ¨C 1644 AD) guards the temple gate and a tablet written "Dinghui Temple in Jiao Hill" was hung above the gate. Daxiongbaodian Hall is the main building in this temple. It is magnificent and grand with an ornately painted and carved ceiling, red pillars, and cool stone floors. Statues of Sakyamuni, Akshobhya and Amitabha are enshrined inside, with eighteen arhats lined up on both sides. In front of the hall are two 1000-year-old ginkgo trees. There is a well named Dongling Spring in the west county yard in the temple. It is believed that it was the well from which Jiaoguang got water. To the southwest of Dinghui Temple is Huayan Pavilion, which is 2-story-high. People can enjoy the night sceneries on the full moon night. On its eastern, southern and western sides, one can enjoy the scenery of the Yangtze River. Jiao Hill is also known as a "Hill of Calligraphy". It contains a famous Forest of Tablets which include over 460 stone tablets inscribed in the handwriting of some of the best known calligraphers in China in the 1400 years ago.
more at chinatour.com like Yangtze River tour
Welcome to FC2!