A well-preserved classical garden in Fuzhou with long history
Covering an area of 42.51 hectares, 30.3 hectares of which are water area, the West Lake Park China tour deals is the most well-preserved and intact classical garden in Fuzhou, which is also regarded as "a bright pearl of Fuzhou gardens". With its graceful natural landscape, West Lake is tranquil and beautiful attracting many men of letters and painters in past dynasties who had left plentiful praising sentences and paintings, of which the famous poet Xin Qiji of Song Dynasty (979-1279) once compared the lake with unmarried Xi Shi, one of the four beauties in ancient China.
West Lake Park is the most well-preserved and intact classical garden in Fuzhou.
Built in 282 of Jin Dynasty with a history of over 1700 years, West Lake has yet a hot tourist attraction in late Tang Dynasty (618-907). In the Five Dynasties (907-979), Emperor of Min State (present Fujian Province) built pavilions, terraces and buildings around the lake and made it an imperial garden. In Qing Dynasty (1638-1911), the official Lin Zexu recovered the park by laying stones on lakeshores, and in 1914, it was officially opened as West Lake Park.
What to see in West Lake Park?
Willow Bank - as the first view after entering the park, Willow Bank Chinese Tours was originally built in 1930. With a width of 18 meters and a length of 139 meters, a number of willows, peach trees and flowering shrubs are planted along the lake bank make it a pleasant place in spring.
Kaihua Island - it is the central part in the park. A Yaoqiao Island is in its north after crossing a Jade Bridge, in which area there are Provincial Museum, Art Gallery, and West Park Theater. Xieping Island is in the west of Kaihua Island with rich playing equipments for children.
Crape Myrtle Hall - originally built in 1914, it gets its name from the surrounded crape myrtle trees. Now, it is the service center of the park.
Kaihua Temple - located in the center of Kaihua Island, it is the oldest building in the park which was originally built in 1037 in Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127) and rebuilt in Ming Dynasty during the period from 1522 to 1566. The buildings today were rebuilt again in Qing Dynasty in 1705. The temple is famed for a Leechee tree of the variety of 18th daughter. Colorful precious flowers and trees, miniascapes and root carvings decorate the temple.
Wanzai Hall - it is a memorial hall for poets in the east of Kaihua Island China Holidays. Built by a poet during the period of reign of Zhengde in Ming Dynasty (1506-1521), it was a gathering hall for poets in Ming and Qing dynasties. Today, in beautiful seasons of spring and autumn, men of letters also get together here to exchange with each other.
Gengyi Pavilion - it is one of the typical eight scenes in ancient time. Built on the bank of the lake and faces three sides of water and lotus, it enjoys a vast vision to appreciate the beauty of the lake accompanied by gentle breeze and fragrant of lotus. The present square pavilion was built in Qing Dynasty.
Gui Hall - it is originally an ancestor hall for Li Gang and built by Lin Zexu in Qing Dynasty. It gets its name from its beside two osmanthus tree (gui in Chinese). Later, it was changed to be a Reading House of Lin Zexu in 1905. %%@af$ko&we*423
More at ChinaTour.com like Shanghai tour
Welcome to FC2!